Push-ups are the part of all types of workout. It makes your exercise complete. Whether you are in the gym or at home, in yoga classes, pilates or CrossFit training you cannot replace pushups. Gone are the days when push-ups were considered to be the masculine thing, but now it is included in all the workout regime with no gender variation. Anyone who has exercise as a part of daily routine, push-ups is definitely a part of it.
The first thing that strikes the mind when we think of push-ups is the traditional style of push-ups that we carry out on the floor. But to your surprise, there can be 100’s of variations to it.
Calisthenic Workout has the best way in the box to add to diverse and effective styles of Push Ups. To know more about calisthenic push-up variations, Click Here.
Top Calisthenic Push Ups Variations:
Push Ups include nothing but your body strength just the way calisthenic workout is. So push-ups are by default a calisthenic exercise. As we all know the basic push-ups method involve
- Lying down on the floor, with arms straight.
- The gap between the arms should be equal to that of your shoulder distance.
- Back, little curled up and legs resting on toes.
- Push yourself down to form a 90 degrees angle in your arms, elbow close to your chest and then push back to the original position.
- It involves almost all the muscles of your body. Major involvement of chest, triceps, core and shoulders.
When this basic workout can involve such an enormous effect, how prominent can be the variation.
Let us consider the list of variation.
- Triple Clap Push Up:
This is certainly a form of advanced workout. It involves strength, power, speed and flexibility. It works on the muscles including
- Take the nominal push up position, with your hands straight.
- Push yourself down and then bounce back with force in the air.
- Tap the first clap before your chest, then back and again chest.
- Now get back to the bend Push Up position.
- The process is extremely fast and requires all your core muscles.
- Two Finger Push-Up:
Now, this is something really challenging. A hardcore variation of push-ups. It involves the use of the following muscles:
- Index Finger
- Take the position of the basic form of push up. Now slowly shift your weight on one arm. You can choose any side first you are comfortable with.
- Your arm should be straight and you should maintain the balance.
- Now you are supposed to place only two fingers on the ground. Thumb and the index finger.
- Make the necessary distance between your feet. Close to the shoulder distance.
- Balance your complete body weight on those two fingers.
- Once you find the stability in the body. Start with the push-up move.
- Do not hurry until your body is completely stable else you may come across the serious injury.
- Planche Push Up:
This is the craziest level of strengthening your body. This form of pushup is highly challenging and require all your body muscles along with strong willpower. For sure you cannot accomplish it in the first try. But practice is something that can make you perfect. It primarily focuses on
- Lie down on the floor on your belly.
- Move your hands down, towards your abdomen and lie flat.
- Now shift your palm outside in such a way that your fingers indicate the outer side of your body.
- Now lift all your body in the air. Only your palm should rest on the floor.
- Keep your hands straight and then carry out a pushup by using your chest muscle.
- Push yourself down to take a flat planche position.
- Your elbow should rest at 90 degrees and stomach minimum 2 inches above the ground.
- Make sure no other part of your body is able to touch the ground apart from your hands.
- One Arm Push Up:
One Arm Push Up is not that easy as it sounds. It is highly effective on your body but can be too tough for you to accomplish. It shows best results on
- Core and
- Take the normal push ups position on the floor, with both your hands straight.
- Make a shoulder length distance between your legs.
- Your body when observed from the top should completely lie flat.
- Now move your one arm towards your back and place it on your hip.
- The rest of the body should not move and continue to lie in the same position.
- Now carry out the push-ups balancing yourself on one arm.
- Your chest should be at least 10 cm above the ground while you carry out the push-up
- Handstand Push Ups:
It involves all your muscles starting from your head to toe. No body part is left untouched. It primarily involves:
- Deltoid a
- Serratus Anterior
- Before you start with the push-up make sure you have the calibre to take the handstand position properly. Any carelessness involves high risk.
- It adds to your palms on the floor with rest of the body in the air, making a complete 180 degree with the ground.
- Now shift your body to 45 degrees from your hand.
- Now do the pushups by pressuring your chest and triceps.
- Make sure rest of your body is completely straight with hips and knees stretched up.
- Start these pushups with a low number of repetitions and carry out very slowly.
- Once you are used to it you can increase no. of reps and sets slowly and gradually.
The write-up above gives you the most challenging forms of Push Ups. It can add to the spice in your calisthenic workout. It gives very fruitful results on your complete body adding muscle strength and building up your core muscles. Not just chest but all your upper and lower body muscles are involved. If you are trying to build up muscle mass, make sure that you consume a good post workout shake that contains a high-quality whey protein and creatine supplement. Combine with carb like fruits and vegetables to maximize anabolic recovery.