70% of human beings across the globe are not happy with the actual weight they carry. Some of us might want to see themselves go up on the weighing scale whereas most of us fall into the other group who want to see a consistent downfall in the scale. Weight management has actually been a problem in the people of all age groups. Starting from a newborn to adults every next person is found struggling with obesity. All thanks to our food habits and working style. Neither we eat healthily nor we act the same.
Anyways, when you enter any weight loss regime be it online or offline the most common thing that enters our life and our diet is protein. It is a fact that protein helps in the proper balancing of weight but to what extent? Is it good to follow and believe anything without knowing the actual facts? Well, it is not a good idea in any sense.
The blog below is designed for the purpose to clear the myth about the use of protein for weight loss, let’s check them out.
9 Popular Protein Myths, For Weight Loss
You may start with a weight loss program but might end up gaining weight or losing the charm of your body and face if you do not seek proper advice from professionals. You can check list of Doctors or best dieticians in your area to consult with before you make any changes. However, the most popular protein powder myths for weight loss are most properly detailed below:
- You must never lead to a diet that sticks to high protein intake for a prolonged time. You must maintain a balance. If you go on taking high proteins in diet your body might not be able to excrete the required amount of nitrogen and the result is damage to the kidney. To your information, most of the adults between age 18 to 30 years consume 100 grams of protein from their normal 2000 calorie diet which is more than enough.
- Protein shakes are the first thing we consider to have pre, post or during our workout. There is no harm in the consumption of protein shake unless until you take it as a variation of protein source and not as a mandatory need of the body. Never take protein as a meal replacement.
- Overconsumption of any mineral or nutrient is not suggested, same applies to protein also. If you consume excess protein at a single time you cannot digest it and excess protein would be stored in your body in the form of fat. Restrict the intake of protein to 30 gm per meal, do not consume more than that. Make it a habit to eat in portions. Eating frequently in small portions is the simplest mantra for proper digestion.
- Everybody and its need are different. So do not compete and compare with anyone for the consumption of protein neither your friend nor your trainer. Your requirement is unique to consult it from a dietician or any physical fitness consultant.
- A yet another rumour spread in the market is that the whey protein intake leads to weight gain. It may true but in a similar manner that boiled chicken and salad may lead to weight gain. The thing is anything additional in the quantity of consumption increases your calorie count and substantially the weight. So there is no harm in the consumption of Whey protein unless until taken in regulated amount.
- The biggest myth that exists everywhere is the vegetarians do not have a complete source of protein and they miss out on something or the other. This is also false. Everyone depending on plants and vegetable can get complete proteins consisting of 9 amino acids if the diet is perfectly planned and mixed matched. Non-vegetarians get it easily from egg, fish and beef but even vegetarians have good options like beans, pulses, soya and much more.
- The study also reveals the myth that protein intake increases muscle mass, the case is not always true. It is only true if you go on consuming additional protein from different sources and do not hit the gym, you will end up increasing your muscles. If you do regular workout and then include protein shakes in your diet there is no harm in it. It will be helpful to you in all the ways.
- Protein bar must be consumed only if you have the right knowledge. Cut down your meal or your snack or the protein shake if you consume protein bar. Make sure it does not contain any added sugar or sweetening agents. Also, check the protein content in the bar. It is must check it does not contain more than 30 gms or the quantity required by your body as per your schedule.
- Most of us believe that protein shakes can be consumed post workout. It is not true. There are various protein shakes that are designed for different purpose. It can be for early morning, bedtime or can be had before or during your workout. The consumption of protein shake can be as per the guidance by the professional or your fitness coach. If the quantity is right you can consume anytime. Also, the number of physical activities in your entire day does matter.
Staying healthy and staying fit just requires a perfect balance between your eating habits and your day to day activities. Burn more than you eat. Digestion is very important if you keep your calorie consumption high or you can say it another way out if you have a lot of physical activities in your daily routine eat enough to provide adequate energy to your body. Do not fall an easy prey for the rumors and myths that are spread around. Use your mind and if you do not possess good knowledge about what to be done and what should be avoided the best way is to seek help from the professionals and doctors.